Thursday, February 9, 2012

I've Been There Before

I’m not studying to become a psychologist, counselor, psychiatrist, or therapist. I’m nowhere near an expert on guys or dating. I will say that I don’t take my own advice usually, unless someone reiterates what I tell other people. But what I do know is that my heart has been torn apart many times, and I know what it feels like to feel as low as humanly possible. I know that when someone “breaks your heart,” it aches in places you never thought you had. I’m just here to tell you that if you’ve ever felt as if someone had to hold you to keep your together because you felt so broken inside, I’ve been there too, and you’re not alone.

            In my 19 years of being alive, I’ve experienced this horrid feeling.  The feeling like there is no one else in the world out there for you. The feeling where you think that you’re not good enough for the guy you’ve been head over feet for. I’ve been there. So please, soak it in again when I say, you’re not alone.
            I’m studying to become a creative writer. As a writer, we feel differently than others. From everyone I’ve encountered who is a writer; they say writers feel more compassionate about things compared to others. I believe this to be true.
            Everyone has a different way of coping with things, especially rejection. I start off with blaring Keyshia Cole and Monica songs, getting into the lyrics, and crying my eyes out. Then I eat a pint of my favorite ice cream (cookie dough) while watching Grey’s Anatomy. Lastly, I spend time with friends and family; those people who have your back through everything. And REPEAT these things for days. Crying is healthy sometimes; it shows that you cared. Things are difficult at night, because during the dark, things are scarier, and in the daylight you have people around you and things are easier to deal with. Just remember that the guy that broke your heart and made you feel like nothing is frankly, an asshole. It just shows that you’re one step closer to finding the guy you’re going to spend the rest of your life with.
            But for now, I will tell you this: You will get over him. You’re not alone. The feeling of loneliness will pass. I promise. Sure, it won’t be right away, but as long as you do things that will make yourself happy, you’ll get past the horrible feeling pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment